World over sensitivity to food standards is gaining importance. Increasingly companies are finding it an opportunity to run organized contract farming programs to take control of the food right where it is grown. In many countries, with highly fragmented land ownerships, contract farming is the way to aggregate sizable farming capacities.
Scattered and in-field nature of contract farming means operational challenges of planning, executing and monitoring activities over land banks that are usually spread over many regions. Our mobile application platform AgriMart not only addresses these challenges of Contract Farming, but opens up a door of opportunities for farmers and aggregators.
Following are some of the capabilities of this platform –
1) Keeping a Farmer Book with details of geo-coded Land banks
2) Keeping track of crop lifecycles, yields or hold capacities for livestock farming
3) Running periodic inspection schedules with geo-coded proof of visit and pictures to assist in further analysis
4) Running extension programs for farmers and providing agri-inputs
5) Harvest acquisition and shipment to processing centres
6) SAP/ERP integration to handle material issuance to farmers and managing their accounts